Minimize the Risks from Counterfeit Commercial Products
How can you ensure the commercial products you’re buying or selling are current in production, authentic and genuine products from the original manufacturer? As the complexity of the technology supply chain increases, the risk posed by counterfeit or potentially tainted products and parts has never been greater, exposing government agencies to potential mission failure and contractors to costly liability.
To address this emerging threat, immixGroup offers the Trusted Supplier Program. Under this program, immixGroup guarantees and warrants the authenticity of the products it delivers. Best of all, there's no additional cost to our government customers, systems integrators or immixGroup channel partners for this value-added service.
Comply with Current and Future Acquisition Requirements
immixGroup created the Trusted Supplier Program several years ago to address the legal requirements of the Department of Defense and its contractors when buying products containing electronic components. These counterfeit prevention requirements stemmed from various provisions passed by Congress in the annual National Defense Authorization Acts of 2011, 2012 and 2013, which, today, are codified at DFARS 252.246-7007 (Contractor Counterfeit Electronic Part Detection and Avoidance System) and DFARS 252.246-7008 (Sources of Electronic Parts) More recently, regulations have been implemented prohibiting the inclusion of certain OEM’s such as Kaspersky (FAR 52.204-23) and Huawei (FAR 52.204-25) in the government’s supply chain. And, with Executive Order 14017 signed by President Biden on February 24, 2021,“Executive Order on America’s Supply Chains,” it is only a matter of time before further supply chain regulations and restrictions are imposed by the government.
The immixGroup Trusted Supplier Program provides federal government agencies with secure, reliable access to technology products and ensures that:
- All offered products are current, in production and authentic from the original manufacturer.
- All products are contractually sourced from the original manufacturer or its authorized channels of distribution.
- Chain of custody traceability is maintained from source to delivery point.
- immixGroup is a registered participant of the Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP) for the prompt reporting of suspected and identified counterfeit products.
- "Other than authentic" products are replaced at no charge.
- All processes and documentation are carefully managed using immixGroup's ISO 9001:2015 certified business procedures for consistency and quality control.
The program also protects federal systems integrators, value-added resellers and other solution providers from the liability associated with sourcing COTS products that may be discovered to be counterfeit or "other than authentic."